Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Grandfather's Letter: Alex Maitland to John S. Percival, 1911

The following is a letter to my grandfather, John Stearns Percival from his grandfather (my great-great grandfather) Alexander Maitland (June 13, 1839 - April 22, 1924). 


Richmond, Mo. 6-18-11. (June 18, 1911)


Mr. John S. Percival

  Gering Neb

My Dear Grandson


Your card conveying good birthday wishes for me, was recd on the day I entered my 73rd year, and I assure you was greatly appreciated. It is exceedingly pleasant to be so kindly remembered. I hope you are succeeding well in your job this summer, although your Mother says you get a little lonesome at times, but that will wear off.  With best wishes for your success, I am


Your Affectionate Grandfather


Alex Maitland


Copyright 2010-2022, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment