Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, July 9, 2010

It Doesn't Seem Right

One of my new blog topics - Thriller Thursday has been concentrating on the murders of several family members. Not all at once. One of the more horrific instances was the home invasion/murder of Addison Ball Chinn. Bear with me for the outcome of this one as it will take several weeks to get through the meat of it. I am contemplating whether or not I will transcribe all the articles. But I don't want to give anything away.

Anyway, it just struck me as rather sad that the only account I have of some people is the account of their murder or suicide or horrific accident. But if it is all you have, you do have to acknowledge it, even if it is only in the notes you keep.

Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

1 comment:

  1. There are some relatives for whom I only have gruesome newspaper accounts, too; guess it comes from the "if it bleeds, it leads" principle of journalism.

    ReplyDelete