Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Looking For My Desk - OCFRD Strikes Again!

Oh dear, it's happened again. Over the last few weeks I've been caught in a severe bout of Obsessive Compulsive Family Research disease and now I can't see the top of my desk, the top of my shredder, and the tops of my file cabinets. Even the top of my printer/scanner/copier is loaded with paper I've only printed on one side (I flip it and feed it through the rear feeder) which is good enough for stuff I'm going to recycle anyway. I'm wondering if I will ever see them because it seems the more information I enter into RootsMagic, the more stuff I look for and print out and the more densely populated with paper my desk becomes.

During my fugue state the other day - I still don't remember what I was doing when I got distracted - I found a photo I had been looking for that supposedly was of the Pfeiffer family including Rose Zimmeth who married Joe Pfeiffer. I sent a copy off to a newly found Pfeiffer connection and got a photo of her ancestor back.

Having breakfast while blogging

One of my file cabinets

The other cabinets

 Hopefully by the time you read this, I'll have everything completed data entry of all that paper that is on my desk, filed, recycled and organized! ROTFL! Or at least I would be if there was room!

This doesn't even include the mess I made in the store room crafting cards for Easter and someone's birthday.

Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

4 comments:

  1. Yikes! I think i'm autistic, I cannot stand work in a mess. It's like everything's got a place and everything is in it's place...drives my hubs nuts! Problem is I've gotten forgetful in my old(er) age and I forget where that place is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now I don't feel quite so bad... my filing cabinet isn't covered but most of my desk is... Thanks Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. I seem to be in the same state these days.

    ReplyDelete