Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Too-Too Thursday - Checking Out the Kochs

Yesterday's Wedding post sent me on a search for more information on the Kochs and Kraemers. I've found a little, but not specifically what I was searching for. For instance, I was searching for a death notice for Caroline Schwartz Koch, and found her husband's death notice. There were two Caroline Kochs buried at the cemetery where Theodore, Caroline's husband is buried. One died in 1934 and the other in 1944. I've got Caroline on the 1930 census, but by 1940, her hubby is noted as widowed. I may have to go back and do a search of the newspaper by date to find her.

Likewise, while searching for her daughter, Gertrude Koch Kraemer, I found Gertrude's husband and one of her sisters. But no Gertrude and no idea when Gert died. I guess, I will just add these items to the to-do lists!


Copyright 2010-2014, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment