Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thomas Kruszka Follow-Up

 I did verify that the Thomas Kruszka I found on the 1900 Census and in the Cook County Illinois Catholic Church records was the same Thomas Kruszka who was a brother to my DH's great grandfather, Michael Kruszka. Fortunately, I was able to contact a friend, who, through my description of the record I found online was able to verify for me that the database was the one I thought it was. This would be the Poznan Marriage Record Project. It gives the year and the parental information, which is how I was able to ascertain the validity of my supposition

I contacted someone on Ancestry.com who has a private tree that includes Thomas. Everyone has the wrong birth information. He was born in 1851, not 1849. I have the birth record to prove it.

Copyright 2010-2014, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment