Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Patriotic Ancestors

During some of my sleep deprived nights lately I have been looking at the DAR Genealogical Research System (Daughters of the Revolution for those of you who may not be familiar with the acronym) looking for some lesser known connections to my Percivals and Kirtleys to start with. I'm almost scared to start with the Webbs and the Bowmans, although I know the ancestors on the Bowman line to search for. It has been a very interesting journey. And the Obsessive Compulsive Family Research Disorder has kicked in BIG TIME. Although it is still competing with the scrapbook disorder.

I love how the Revolutionary Ancestors record is included at the bottom. This is one of my favorites and I can't tell you how proud I am of him, even though he is only a collateral relative. Click on the image to see a larger view. Don't forget to use your browser's back button to return to this page!

Thomas Kirtley's Revolutionary War Service

Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

3 comments:

  1. For some reason, I haven't been able to click on your pictures to see large versions lately. Like, for the last three posts. Fortunately, I can read tiny lettering. Any man who provides beef and brandy is a hero in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I feel too. Bourbon would have been better, but since they were in Virginia, brandy will have to do.

    Dang Blogger. There is always something wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a Blogger problem, apparently, I'm not the only one with that problem, and it started a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete