Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, December 21, 2020

Happy Blogiversary To Me! or 2020 Get Outa Here!

I can't believe it's been 11 years since I started this blog. Looks like I missed marking last year's anniversary. This year is different. Not a good different, but in respects to the crap year this has been for everyone, but different.

I have managed a few blog posts, for which I am grateful. Started doing some data entry and some searches and tried a little thinking outside the box, which has worked well. I am still stymied by some of the people for whom I search. 

I've tried working on eliminating some of the piles of stuff I've found this year, getting it into my program. I have the genealogist problem, this one a good one, of finding more stuff and setting off on research tangents. 

One of my husband's Ecker relatives married a Klein. I am trying to figure out if this Klein is related to the Klein ancestor that married the Ecker ancestor. I haven't answered that question, but have found other things in relation to the family. One of those items was a concentration camp record for an aunt by marriage to hubby. She was transferred from Birkenau-Auschwitz to somewhere else and survived. She married and had at least one child, a son-in-law and grandchildren. 

Even with my successes this year, I will be so glad to see 2020 go bye-bye. 

Copyright 2010-2020, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment