Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Surname Saturday - Knost

I just noticed that most of my research has centered around my dad's family lately, but Surname Saturday seems to really focus on my mom's family. And Knost is one of hers. And it is pronounced Kanost, in other words, the K is NOT silent.

It has been a relatively simple name to research, since it isn't very common. The earliest one I have found is Johann Heinrich Knost and the most recent one was Emelie Catherine Marie Knost - Amelia - who married Joseph Meyer in Auglaize County, Ohio. Amelia and Joseph were my mother's grandparents. My mom had some recollection of this grandmother, since Amelia lived with some of her children in Michigan after Joseph died.


Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment