Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, March 4, 2011

OCFRD* Attack!

Did someone say letters? Yes, I am still working on them, if not actively right now. I am just so afflicted with OCFRD (Obsessive-Compulsive Family Research Disease) that I just HAD to get the 1960 Missouri Death Certificates while they were HOT! I retrieved all the ones I could think of off the top of my head and then cranked up my GenSmarts program and started searching.

While I've come across a few weird results, I've added 108 Missouri death certificates to my file, countless census reports and many, many marriage records for people who lived and/or died in Missouri and many people who are buried there that I found on Find-a-Grave. When I started this project GenSmarts had about 1358 results for Missouri deaths. As you can see, it is not just about the death certificates. Now I have about 383 people yet to check out. The number varies, because I add the spouse and children when I find them.

Then to further complicate matters, I got a Nook for my birthday, so I have been reading a lot more. And since my father-in-law has been transferred to a nursing home on a permanent basis, we are cleaning out his apartment. And there are photos calling my name begging for sorting. And letters ...

Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

5 comments:

  1. With all those new records, I'd say you are going to be very busy! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, it just gets added to the pile of stuff to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you'll never be bored...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me tired too, for about 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete