Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Back to Work

I THINK I've recovered from our short trip to Michigan last weekend. We left Thursday, arrived on Friday, spent all day Saturday shopping with the birthday girl to find that perfect outfit to wear to an interview in Tennessee at the end of the month. She says we shopped five hours, but doubt if she is counting the drive to Howell, Novi, Dearborn and then back to Novi. OMG. Sunday was a much more leisurely pace with dinner cooked by younger daughter. This was the first time one of our kids has cooked for us. It was delicious. It also included Harry Potter 7, part two, which I loved much to the disappointment of my very own Hufflepuff. Then there was the two day trip back to Tennessee, followed by bills, laundry, groceries, appointments, etc. I can't believe how tired I was from the short four hour drive from Berea, Kentucky to our home. Well, it was longer than that because we stopped for lunch. The nice thing is that it is cooler here than it was in Michigan. Can we spell sweltering? And I swear it takes longer to unpack than it does to pack.

Time to get cracking on those letters again.


Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you hit all the malls. I've been here in the Detroit area for 20 years, and haven't been to most of those places in over 10! But then, the retired don't need much of what they offer. I do know about the tired thing. When we drive south, we normally drive to the Florence area the fist evening, then go on the next day. It is very tiring, I agree. Glad you are home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lived in the western all our lives until 4 years ago. I'm just glad we didn't end up on the east side looking.

    ReplyDelete