Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, July 13, 2012

It Pays to Keep Those Resolutions

I am recuperating from total knee replacement surgery. I am easily bored. After all, how much TV can one watch? Also, I am caught up on searching the 1940 census, as I am following along on Ancestry and Family Search.  Right now, I have about 640 waiting editing and linking. That doesn't include the 1915 and 1925 New York State Census that are also in the queue.

Being bored out of my ever-lovin' mind, I asked my sweet DH to haul a box of photos down for me to sort and scan. In the first box, was a stack of framed photographs that I thought got lost in our move. If I could move around better, I would have done a happy dance. The next box produced lots of fodder for my little Flip-Pal scanner. And tucked away in that box? My wedding album, which had also gone MIA.

What a relief!

Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to read this post. It was a hip replacement in December, 2000 that got me into genealogy. I can identify with the "being bored out of my mind." But for both of us, there seems to have been a good outcome.

    ReplyDelete