Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

While You Were Sleeping ... Ancestry.com Screwed Up!

I have not done much if anything with my genealogy while I've been recuperating from the broken ankle. I knew Ancestry.com was making changes to their "search" but I really wasn't prepared for the crap they have come up with. Even my cousin, who used the previous "new" search hates it.

They certainly have not fixed the problem when doing an exact search of all the extra crap that comes up. For instance, if I am searching the US collection, I don't want to see results from Europe. It makes absolutely no sense. Blah. So, now that I can spend a limited amount of time searching, I don't want to.

Copyright 2010-2014, ACK for Gene Notes

1 comment:

  1. I fully agree with you about the new system. Searching is now time consuming and generates tons of useless hits that are irrelevant to what you are looking for. My subscription was up for renewal in April and I cancelled. Lewis Kiehn

    ReplyDelete