Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Thursday, September 15, 2022

I'm a Repository?

A few days ago, I was contacted on Ancestry to see if I wanted portraits of Simmet (one of my Zimmeth lines) relatives. Well sure.  They are John Dent and his wife Catherine McNaughton.  I received them today and the first thing I did was photograph them and link them in RootsMagic 8. Now, I'm looking for more information on the couple as I only had them as the parents of Margaret Dent who married Frank W. Simmet. It sure beats having images of their headstones as their primary photo!

Why do I think I am a repository? Well, in my collection of goodies, I have these two photos, many photos and papers sent by cousins, 4 family crests that a first cousin once removed did and 2 bibles sent from Scotland!  


Copyright 2010-2022, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment