Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

The Project - Pile of Folders

I always have a pile of paper on my desk. Sometimes, it's things I want to do, things to file, things to shred.  The paper got so out of hand, I had to relegate it to file folders. I spent a couple of hours one evening sorting the paper into folders and then labeling the folders.  

Right now I am somewhere between illustration one and illustration two. I am workin on Folder 3 which is a mix of hubby's genealogy. Interesting stuff.  But everything I've pulled out has generated two or three more records. For instance, I had a death certificate for a first cousin 3 times removed. I wasn't even sure this person was related, until I went into the Polish archives and found his baptismal record and proved his father was hubby's maternal grandmother's first cousin once removed. Yay.  On the other side of his family, I had a death notice for a relative, which led to her marriage announcement, marriage record, social security info, and her husband's name along with that of her two children and three grandchildren. Found her husband's obituary, and her daughter's marriage announcement.  This folder has at least twenty five more pages to it, not to mention the stuff I've already done or am currently working on. And it's one of the lighter folders. 













Copyright 2010-2022, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment