Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Another Genealogical Gem

I love cemetery sites. I've been finding burial information at the Lexington (KY) Cemetery site for about 10 years now at least. I visit that site so frequently, I could almost research it in my sleep. Another great site is The Mt. Elliott Cemetery association site. While I don't have the hundreds of people buried there that I have in Lexington, Kentucky, it has been extremely helpful. Yet another cemetery is Spring Grove in Cincinnati, Ohio. This site has images of the burial records. Wahoo! And of course, Find-A-Grave, which is user submitted information. Periodically, I will pop into a county somewhere online and find burial records indexed or a Genweb site will have a link to a new index. So, I was pleasantly surprised to find The Georgetown Cemetery in Georgetown, Kentucky with an online database. And I found more than expected I would.
 Be sure to click on the image and see what kind of information I found on this record. Use your browser's back button to return to this blog.


Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

2 comments: