Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Playing Hooky!

 Last Tuesday, DH and I took the opportunity/chance of good weather to head 100 miles east to do some shopping. While it wasn't totally successful, I think we both realized that we really needed that "play day" as cousin Karen calls it and get out of town for a few hours.

We were so glad we did, even though we knew there was a chance of thunderstorms on the Cumberland Plateau. We ran into some showers on the way home and it wasn't until after we got home that all heck broke loose and the skies opened up. I think we got 2 or 3 inches of rain on Tuesday. The nasty stuff continued the next day and finally by Thursday we had some sunshine again. The urge to play hooky rather than working on some of my projects was sorely tempting. I sure would like to say that I finished a project in that time. Mostly what I accomplished is grocery shopping and lots of cooking! The piles are getting smaller though!
The results of playing hooky

Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

2 comments:

  1. Good for you on playing hooky! Hubs and I have been debating for a couple of weeks whether we should splurge the $$$ to drive somewhere for a few hours away from our 100+ degrees heat. We've about decided it's worth it after today's 115F. More of the same weather-wise here tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Play days are a good thing. I find when I walk away for a day I come back refreshed and more focused - not just at genealogy but with life in general. Sometimes you need to just stop, turn it all off and walk away. I know it will all be there when I come back, but somehow its just not as daunting after a refreshing play day!
    Glad you enjoyed your day away!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete