Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Too-Too Thursday - 21 Million LIVING People on the 1940 Census?

You can view this article here (I hope!)

It states that there are 21 million people enumerated on the 1940 census that still live. Now, you will remember that they are released 72 years after the fact.  I am surprised that the American Civil Liberties Union opposes unrestricted access to the census. If I read that right.

I don't care. I hope to see myself on the 1960 census when it is released in 20 years! And yes, I do know where I lived in 1960. And it would be nice to see my two youngest sisters, who didn't make their appearance until after 1960, on the 1970 census, should I live that long!

Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment