Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Transcript Update

Ever since I read about this program in cousin Carol's blog over at Reflections From the Fence, I have been gaga over it.

If you are like me and save all the images you find of birth, deaths, marriage and news reports, wills, letters, etc., then you will love this little program that enables you to transcribe from the image right on your computer screen.

Jacob Boerema, the author of the program, has just released an update for it.  Here is the link to the page in English!


This snip just gives you a quick view of the image I uploaded into it, you can adjust the size of the image, set the image to advance as you reach the end of your typewritten line, when you paragraph up, etc. I just copy and paste the text into my genealogy program and link the image. Voila!

Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment