Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, May 21, 2012

My Reading List - Common Courage

Common Courage: The Campaigns of a Revolutionary War Veteran by Daniel D. Kinley, is the story of Timothy Percival, my great-great-great-great-great grandfather.

Dan Kinley's grandparents were John Carey Percival and Rowena Hall. After John and Rowena divorced, John Percival had little to do with his sons, John and Daniel, and they ultimately took their step-father's surname.

Even though there are no primary sources, that is nothing in Timothy's own hand, for this book, it is very well researched and written so that a history buff like me to enjoy. Although I have rarely read anything other than fiction for this time period, I am finding it extremely interesting.


It is available at all major retailers, including Amazon.com

Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment