Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Remembering When

I never in all of my parochial school days endured a teacher's strike. Actually, I think that honor was reserved for my freshman year of college. The next one I remember is when my kids were in school in Livonia and the teachers went on strike.

Many years later, I hired in at the city of Livonia and one of the conditions of employment was I had to join a union - AFSCME - probably the most useless union ever. I remember being told at time of employment that our union could never go on strike. Not that I believe in striking, but what's the point of being in a union then?

It really makes me appreciate retirement!

Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment