Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday Trash or Treasure

To file or not to file. I can't tell you how much I hate filing. And I am probably not alone. No, I don't file everything I print. And to be honest, while I print out census in draft form, and only for the family I want on the page, I don't keep that copy once I've linked it and entered the census fact into my database.

However, there are things that I do keep. That odd piece of paper that might give me a clue as to the birthplace of an ancestor, a note someone wrote listing people who went to an out of town funeral and whose names I don't recognize, a newspaper article about another relative. Actually those all get scanned and the info put in the notes.  I just can't let go. There have been a few times when I've gone back to look at those notes, looking for clues as to the people mentioned, or where they lived. Usually that triggers a census search.

So, no, they aren't trash. Not to me.

Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment