Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, August 9, 2013

Trolling Databases

I do love trolling databases. I didn't find anyone in the latest one I trolled,United States Index to the Gorgas Hospital Mortuary Registers, 1906-1991, which is in the Panama Canal zone. Unfortunately, I didn't find anyone I knew in it. 

Usually, when I see an odd database like that, my first hope is that I will find Dr. Herbert D. Percival, my dad's great uncle, who did disappearing act in about 1893-94 from California. Supposedly, he went to Honolulu. No luck there. So I keep looking. 

Then I head to Family Search's continental Europe collection. I've not found anything interesting there recently either. 

I guess I'll just have to keep on looking.


Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment