Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sympathy Saturday RIP Canon MX860

Saturday I tried to print a pension record for my g-g-g-g grandfather John Parker. Right in the middle of printing it suffered a hardware error. It died.  It was over 4 years old and I only paid $100 for it. It didn't seem worth it to send it for repairs.

Today, DH and I went to Staples and replaced it with an Epson Workforce 7520, which is a larger format printer. It will print on paper up to 13 x 44 inches. Be still my heart. Due to a sale, a $50 trade-in on the old printer I saved $120 on the new printer and am very happy with the setup and operation of it - since I had to replace my old multifunction with this, it also scans and copies and faxes.

RIP Canon, long live Epson.

Copyright 2010-2014, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment