Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Freaked Out Friday!

In between thunderstorm watches & warnings and tornado watches and warnings, I've been trying to write this blog. You know, you hope when you are working on something you've worked on all day that nothing gets zapped while you are a) writing it or b) saving it. Such was the case during the light show this evening with the lightning flashing all around and the lights flickering. Yes, my laptop will run on battery, but the external drive I back up to does not. And yes, everything is on a surge protector. Periodically, I will also back up to a flash drive, that way I can at least move the info to a different computer if absolutely necessary. But still I get a little freaked when that light show starts. And the winds gust. Things are quite now, and I will try to post this.

Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment