Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, February 10, 2012

The Census Update - The Final Countdown

As it stood Sunday night, I still had 114 census left to go in the great Census Review project. Every group of census that I print out, it seems there are two or three that are missing previous census records. I am working in the 1920 census, so sometimes that means I need to go back as far as 1900 or 1880 to pick up the ones I missed. I predict that I will add at least 3 to the queue with this batch. That seems to be the average. Hopefully I won't have another day like I did over the weekend where I added 2 for every record I already had.

My original goal was to be done by March 31, 2012, in anticipation of the 1940 census. Then I revised that to February 29th. Now I am hoping to be done by February 17th! That might be pushing it a bit, but I will be so glad to have this done. After all, it isn't like I don't have other projects begging for my attention. The interim update is that I stand now at 33 and counting. New target date is February 12th.

It is very handy to have OCFRD (Obsessive Compulsive Family Research Disease) though. Maybe I should have a subcategory of Obsessive Compulsive Census Collecting Disease!

-----

The above was written Monday morning February 6th. As it stands Thursday evening, February 9th, the project is complete.  My final count of census images that I added to my database was 639. I averaged almost 16 per day. Having said that, I did the last 43 on the 9th.

On to other projects.

Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment