Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Something Other Than Census

Woo hoo! It just feels so good to be working on stuff OTHER than the United States Census. What have I been working on? Marriage records, birth records, death records, obituaries, cemetery records and a zillion other things I found while ...

wait for it ...

working on the census!

Now, one of the things I found was for a man named Robert H.  I won't give his full name, but I will say that in his obituary, his second wife's name is given incorrectly as White. This woman is still alive to the best of my knowledge, hence the sketchy information I am giving. She was given to me as a probable source of information by someone more closely related to her. I was never able to verify until now her relationship to me. It was tough given her maiden name was wrong in the obituary. It's been 5-1/2 years since her name was given to me, and I just came across the note written to me by the other family member. I think I'll drop her a line! 


Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment