Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday Moanin' - Adding Those Records

Even though the California death records project is far from complete, I found quite a few death certificates - mostly in Los Angeles county or city. There have been some surprises so far and one that I knew took place in the city of Angels was hard to find. Mostly due to a spelling difference. I am glad I searched for Sikes after not finding it under Sykes. The Sikes/Sykes in question is Edna Chinn Sikes/Sykes. She was my first cousin three times removed. She was the subject of a Thriller Thursday here. She was 29 at the time of her murder.

I guess I should get busy transcribing the certificates.

Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment