Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday Moanin' - No I didn't Forget!

Really, I didn't forget to post. Well, I did think of it last night, started a post, and then lost it in cyberspace. Actually, I accidentally closed out my browser, and figured I would catch it in the morning. I was tired and forgot about "Draft." I'll save that one for another time.

As is often the case, life intervened. First, I slept in until after 8:00 a.m. CDT. Since that is almost unheard of for me, I enjoyed it. Hence, everything else got a late start and DH and I were behind schedule when we got a call that our 2:30 p.m. appointment could be moved up. But we were at lunch. By the time we got home, we were still catching up on things and I get an email distracting me. You see, it was in response to an April 2010 post about my grandfather who worked for the Detroit water board from about 1927 to 1961 or so. Well, I had to go find the post it referred to and see what picture the man was inquiring about. It was this one - A Little Bit of Detroit circa 1930. Unfortunately, my grandfather loved to clip pictures and articles and NOT attribute them. Sigh.

So lessons learned:

1. Draft feature for Blogger. Duh!
2. Don't procrastinate.
3. Remind family members to always attribute newspaper articles and photos!




Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment