Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Horrified by Events

I am absolutely horrified by the events in Boston on Monday during the annual marathon. It puts life into perspective. Do you add events such as this to your database? Or say, 9/11? 

I was a fifth-grader when President Kennedy was assassinated, and was in school that day. I thought then that was the most horrible thing I could imagine, being only eleven years old at the time. Fortunately, I could not see ahead to the Vietnam war, the gulf wars, Columbine, the Atlanta Olympics bombing, Oklahoma city and 9/11.

My prayers go out to the victims and their loved ones. In a sense, aren't we all victims of terrorism like this?

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment