Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

It's My Name -- It's Simple -- Get It Right Already!

I went for my blood work yesterday, like I do every three months. Doctor's appointment this morning. And the phlebotomist called me Anna. I corrected her saying it was Ann with an "e." She said, "Oh, Annie." I said no, it was Anne and that the "e" was silent.

I've never been called Anna except by my older sister who liked to rhyme Anna with banana and any other word she could. Until we moved here. I wouldn't think my spelling is uncommon at all. Sigh.

If I had to bet money on it, I would say I have a 50% chance of getting the nurse at the doctor's office who always calls me Anna. Sigh.

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

1 comment:

  1. Every telemarketer who ever phones asks for the Watts or the Whites. I can honestly say there is no one here by those names!

    ReplyDelete