Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Happily Distracted

Yesterday, having posted about Mariah Pinkerton Percival adopted daughter of "Mad  Jack" Percival, I decided I would look into this Lawrence family a bit more. Since my favorite reference books are Vital Records of Sandwich Massachusetts to 1885, I thought I would take a peek and see if I could find anything.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Lawrence family was from Sandwich and not Barnstable, since I don't have a set of vital records for Barnstable. Also, the LDS has been working on their Family Search Record Search site and I hope they complete the series of marriage and death records (1841-1915). Between the LDS site, the Massachusetts Archives vital records site, Find-A-Grave, and Cape Cod Gravestones and by using Ancestry, have pretty much figured out the family of Isaac Lawrence, son of William and Anna Lawrence.

Sure, this is distracting me from the family letter transcription project I am working on, but I just did not want to add this to the to-do list for the family. I like to work on things while they are fresh in my mind.

Now if I can just come up with a Relatively Speaking blog.

Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment