Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Relatively Speaking-Cousins That Blog: Distractions

A few nights ago while Karen and Carol and I were doing the email thing we do in which we generate lots of email in a short time, and were discussing what was on the Family Search site and what was no longer there and what would be in their upgrade this week, a record caught my eye.

I saw the name Percival and Massachusetts in reference to a death certificate in South Carolina. Further investigation led me to Sarah Percival Rumley, daughter of John Percival of South San(d)wich, Massachusetts and Susan Fuller of Beaufort, North Carolina. Between Ancestry and the LDS site and Find-A-Grave, I have a really good idea of all their children and their marriages.

Yes, I know I am working on a project of scanning and transcribing all those letters of MY John Percival, but am enjoying working on these fourth and fifth cousins for now. After all, you can only transcribe so many letters per day!

Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment