Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Who Do You Think You Are?

The first season has yet to show the last two episodes - and NBC has renewed it for a second season. I have to admit, I had my doubts, but I think the show is extremely well done, and as Lisa Kudrow puts it, each episode has a goosebump moment.

I can remember having moments like that back in my early days of looking at microfilm searching for that elusive obituary because there just didn't seem to be a death record; of finding someone on a ship manifest after years of searching and finally locating that birth record early in the 19th century in Germany for one of my great-great grandfathers, the last of my ancestors to emigrate to America. And having those goosebump moments. There are still finds that cause that special "ohmigoshIcan'tbelieveIfoundit" reaction and I hope there are many more.

Well done, NBC!
Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment