Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

I LOVE CEMETERY SURPRISES

I love researching at the Lexington Cemetery. I can rarely think of a time when I haven't been surprised by something I wasn't searching for. Mainly this is because the people I find are not listed in the online index or they are entered incorrectly.

Such was the case last week when I found a headstone for William V.A. Kemp and his wife, Fannie Allen Higgins. First, I had no idea whom Fannie had married, so was pleasantly surprised when I discovered their monument in Section I last Friday morning. However, when I went online to find their section and plot, it was incorrectly entered in the database. After emailing them with the correction, I received a notification this morning that the correction had been made. How great is that?

Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment