Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Networking Again

Last Saturday, I finally attended another meeting of the Upper Cumberland Genealogical Association (UCGA), at our local library. I attended a couple meetings in the first year we lived here, then we got busy with building our house and moving again and I let other things get in the way.

So, I was pleasantly surprised to see new officers at the helm and just a different attitude - or so it seemed to me. The program was presented by the White County archivist, Geraldine Pollard, who explained to the members how, when and why the White County archives were set up. It's nice to know that Nashville is encouraging the individual counties to set up archives to preserve their records.

The good news is that attending and joining the local society has helped me cross an item off my resolutions list.

Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you joined. Societies today need younger new blood to keep them viable and alive! Great decision! You'll find your niche and be right at home in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got involved and that the society sounds promising.

    ReplyDelete