Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sympathy Saturday - Barbara Cimini Zimmeth

Barbara Cimini, the widow of John A. (Jack) Zimmeth, my mother's brother, died on September 3, 2007 at the age of 82. Barbara suffered with Parkinson's disease in her elder years, although I am not sure when she was diagnosed, although I suspect it was after my uncle died in 1990.

She was from a French-Italian family and my uncle was essentially German and I can just imagine how the sparks must have flown during disagreements. She was a great cook and I remember at holiday time, would always send a plate of food over to an elderly lady on the next street and my cousin and I would walk it over. The family lived in Detroit for many years off 8 Mile & Van Dyke, until just before my uncle passed.

When she passed, we were just in the process of securing a rental in Tennessee, prior to our October 2007 move. We did make it home in time for her funeral, however. 

Barbara and Jack are both buried in Mt. Olivet cemetery in Detroit.

Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment