Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, January 23, 2012

New Relatives

One of the reasons that I blog is to get my surnames out in the blogosphere. People new to family research will eventually stumble upon my blog and hopefully get in touch with me.

I've been lucky enough to have that happen twice in the last two weeks. The most recent one is connected to my Zimmeths - he from the Simmet line. No one in his family was much interested in the family roots until it was too late to question anyone. Now, being one of the eldest in his line, he is trying to get started.

I hope I didn't overwhelm him with the information I sent him tonight. He did send me a wonderful obituary for his ancestor, Michael Zimmeth/Simmet who was my great grandfather's oldest brother.

I love the internet!

Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

2 comments:

  1. Hooray, you have found another piece of gold, congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding a new relative is like finding money in coat pocket!

    ReplyDelete