Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

SYMPATHY SATURDAY - Missouri 1961 Deaths

Thursday evening I received the long awaited email from the Missouri State Archives: The 1961 Death Certificates are ready for transcription! It sounds tedious, but really, the only thing you need to transcribe is the county, date of death, and the name of the decedent. I do use Google Chrome web browser for this, because that is what worked best for me in the past.

Feel the urge to volunteer? Here is the link.

Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

2 comments:

  1. I'm very glad that you posted this. I would love to help out the Missouri State Archives. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather! I'm sure they will be glad to have your help. And it's so easy. Yesterday's report was that we were one-third done!

    ReplyDelete