Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

OCFRD* - Don't Want a Cure!

I've been able since this lousy cold has abated to start tying up some loose ends, genealogy-wise. That is always a great thing.  Of course I have been alternately praising and cursing Ancestry while doing so, and doesn't that show my split personality?

When my research starts to slow down a little and I am burned out from entering all that wonderful data, I look to see what Ancestry has added to their databases in recent days that will help with some of these loose ends. Three such databases are Vermont births, marriages and deaths 1909-2008.  What a boon! I'm not saying they are complete, because I haven't found records I expected to, but found lots I didn't know about.  I wish they would work on the records prior to this that I've used on microfilm in Fort Wayne, because it makes my searches easier.

Of course these database results lead to searches in newspapers and Find-A-Grave. Sometimes, I will even get pretty good results on the Vermont Genweb.

Closing ceremonies are Sunday for the 2010 Olympics and then I won't have a lot of distractions anymore!

*Obsessive Compulsive Family Research Disorder


Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment