Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Surname Saturday - Siekierski

Again one of my DH's side. His earliest Siekierski ancestor was Gregor Siekierski who died December 1st 1854 in Radomice, Poland which was somewhere near Czerniejewo, as his death record is found in the church records of Czerniejwo.  He married Marianna Konieczna Nov 22 1840 and to this couple were born eight children, the last three of whom were female triplets - one died less than a month after birth, but the other two lived to marry and have children of their own.

Gregor & Marianna Siekierski's only surviving son, Tomasz, married Antonina Perek in Czerniejewo and four of their six children were born in Poland. For years, I've searched for Tomasz Siekierski's arrival record in New York. I'd found Antonina and the older children arriving in 1888 and the 1900 census indicated that Tomasz came to New York a year earlier.  But I'd had no luck.  Finally, thanks to my OCFRD, I located those two records - Hamburg list and the New York Passenger Arrival list. Tomasz is my DH's great-great grandfather and his earliest immigrant ancestor. Tomasz is located at the red * halfway down the page. (Remember to click on the photo for a better view.)


Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment