Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Birthday to ...

My latest project, (see last Friday's blog) printing out a birthday calendar for the month of August gave me the great idea of only printing a calendar with people on it who were still "living" and were born before 1930. For each month. This netted me a great list to work from to search out Social Security Death Index, obituaries, Find-A-Grave, family trees and anything else I could think of to prove deaths.
The Results

Along the way I discovered husbands, children, siblings, parents, marriages, divorces, births and some photos. I counted the sheets of paper that I printed. In many cases  for SSDI results, I didn't even print, just copied and pasted the info into the person's record. The result? Hundreds of sheets of paper, some on both sides. It will keep me busy for a few days evaluating, entering, proving and sourcing.

I LOVE family history.

Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes


Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment