Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Yet Another Project

One of my favorite blogs is one that ties into my Kirtley line - Benotforgot and its sister site On This Date. Both are by Vickie Everhart and very interesting blogs. Vickie's On this Date site is very cool and it inspired me to print out a calendar for August from my RootsMagic program. After deciding to eliminate all those that are not living, and anniversaries, I came up with a reasonable calendar. Imagine my surprise when I discovered some really off ages. There were quite a few whose death I felt could be recorded somewhere. So I started to take a look. The calendar on the right has only the names of those who may have died on it. The women are listed by their maiden names only. Some of them I was able to find a death record on and I found a few obituaries. I can see this will be a new monthly ritual.

Click on the image on the right to see who I am searching for. Don't forget to use your browser's back button to return to this blog.





Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

1 comment:

  1. I think taking a different look at older data can always yield something interesting.

    ReplyDelete