Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Taking a Sneak Peak - More Family Letters

One of my Percival cousins in Holland (Michigan) was kind enough to send me home with a couple of bundles of letters written to her dad, my uncle, during World War II. Among the writers are Helen Maitland Percival and Elizabeth Webb Bowman "Maw Maw", my great grandmothers, my dad's cousin James Rankin, Jr, Mary Percival French, my grandfather Percival's sister, Bess Bowman Rankin, my grandmother Percival's sister and a couple people I don't know. Finally, some other family members are mentioned, and so far I know them all. I wish I was all caught up from vacation so I could sort them all into date order and start copying and transcribing! Looks like I'll need some more binders!

 Born on this date in 1875: Leslie Chinn, son of Christopher Columbus Chinn and Margaret Cordelia Warren.

Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

1 comment:

  1. You gotta love it! Those letters can be so informative and interesting.

    ReplyDelete