It went something like this:
- Papers are being signed. Closing agent asks for insurance policy. DH-to-be hands him the insurance binder, which was the customary requirement. Closing agent says that is not acceptable. We can close but not get keys until he has the actual policy in his grubby hands. Too bad no one thought to tell us that.
- DH-to-be calls insurance agent who works on the East side. We are west-siders. He says he will drive the policy over. He's a gem. He does as he says.
- DH-to-be goes back to Title company where we closed and is handed keys with a note on them that the keys were not to be released on word of DH-to-be. But, since Closing agent now has policy, keys can be released.
- DH-to-be throws a fit of temper. I have never seen my reasonable soon to be DH angry before. Is this why they tell you not to see each other before the wedding?
- We really flout superstition and DH-to-be picks me up and drives me to the church. Do we love living dangerously or what? Little do we know, I've just locked myself out of the house my roommate and I were renting!
- We get to church early. Our parents arrive, siblings arrive, EXCEPT my matron of honor my closest younger sister. She and her hubby are late, because hubby misses the turn.
- During the ceremony, when the priest addresses us, he calls DH by the best man's name. We stop everything. In this case I was really marrying whom I considered the best man.
- It was a crazy day. DH and I finally got married, my wedding cake was chocolate with white frosting and what more could you want.
Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes