Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Getting There - Christmas Preparations

I am getting there. Most of the Christmas presents are wrapped, some even with home-made boxes and gift card holders. The Christmas cards have been sent.  The front outdoor lights are still waiting to be hung - waiting on a repair on the stacked stone first. In the meantime, I've begun to think about the menu. I've had one of the desserts planned for a little while. Hoping it is decent enough for the kids (ages 32, 30, 28 and 5) to make 'smores around the fire pit in the backyard. I'm not sure what else we will have, other than ham, but I know in the next week the entire menu will be planned.

With the addition of our adopted cat, Mouse, I've had to re-arrange some items on the Christmas tree, and have been trying to get her to leave the ornaments alone. Easier said than done. I have a feeling she might change some of our traditions.

Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment