Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 in Review

In January when I set my course of work for 2012, seen here, little did I know how wise I was to keep it short and simple 

I had hoped to get in a research trip or two. Didn't happen. In fact, the only trips taken were one to Chattanooga courtesy of our daughters when we stayed on the Delta Queen, and a couple trips to Nashville.

We were lucky enough to have a visit by my Aunt and Cousins in early June, and a Zimmeth/Simmet cousin the week before I had my knee replacement surgery. In August, one of DH's cousins came from Buffalo for a visit.

However, I did start the scanning/sorting project of 33 years of photographs. In starting that project I found some photos that I thought were missing.

I had fun searching the 1940 census. Eventually found my mother who was indexed wrong. She was not indexed with her brother and sister. The family was definitely split up. Unfortunately, I never found my grandfather, as I've blogged about previously. He was not only MIA on the 1940 census, but also in my mother's and her siblings' lives. Also MIA is one of my husband's father's uncles, Stanley Kruszka, who is MIA in 1930 also. If they don't want to be found, sometimes they just aren't going to be found.

I'm hoping 2013 will be a little more successful!

Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment