Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

One Week Until Christmas

Here it is the week before Christmas and I am still planning my menu. Mostly trying to figure out a dessert. My family is not the traditional pumpkin pie for dessert type of family. In fact, one of my kids does not really care for pie! Actually, I've come up with 'smores if the weather is nice and we can light the firepit. But I need something I can eat too, since 'smores really are not diabetic friendly.

It makes me think back to the wonderful desserts my mom used to make, whether for the holidays or not. Pineapple upside down cake, cheesecake, banana cream pie and her specialty of apple pie. For Easter, I will make the traditional (for us) lush angel cake. I would try any of these, but really don't want left overs. Especially since I have a doctor's appointment two days after Christmas!

Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment