Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sympathy Saturday-Kaye Percival

My mom died on December 17, 2007 in Livonia, Michigan. It's been 5 years and I still expect to hear her raspy voice on the phone every year on my birthday, singing. One of my sisters still claims to get that annual call.


I remember the funny little dances she did along with singing.



 
I remember her cooking for the holidays. Everyone wanted to be the "stuffing tester."  There are some things my mom made that were fabulous.  Her chicken and dumplings were my favorite. Some other things, we would tease her about, asking how many cans she had to open.

I miss her so much, especially around the holidays.

Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes


No comments:

Post a Comment