Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Best Laid Plans

One of my New Year's resolutions was to join a genealogical society. Well, there is one here in town. I've been a couple times and as far as I can tell they are not very active. I haven't seen anything other than non-members are welcome to attend that encourages new members. No seminars, no classes for newbies, nothing.

With that in mind, I forced myself to get ready to attend and even "gasp" join. Dear Husband and I decided to take a run by the library to see what the parking situation was. There are maybe 30 parking spaces at this library, not including the handicapped spots. I figured with the weather it might be best to see what the situation was.

I guess it is a good thing we drove by as the library was closed due to the one and a half inches of snow we got over the last couple of days. Yes, you read it right, one and a half inches of snow.

That resolution will hang on for another month.

No comments:

Post a Comment