Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Surname Saturday - Zabrack

This has been the most frustrating name to research. The name belongs to Christine Wilhelmine Zabrack Klesat (Clesat/Cleasott, etc). She is my great-great grandmother and her daughter, Augusta Wilhelmina married August Zimmeth. I've been told the name is wrong, and that may very well be, but her adult daughter gave that name when she converted to Catholocism.

The transcribed copy from St. Joseph Catholic Church in East Tawas, Michigan reads:

Baptism 1885-#56 Augusta Kleesaert wife of August Zimmeth.

AD 1885, 25th October, baptized Augusta, born 26th October 1849, wife of August Zimmeth and daughter of Christopher Kleesaert & Wilhelmina Zabrack; godparents were Henry (last name unreadable) and Mary Griffin, wife of Daniel Douglas. - William A. Nevin (priest).

Unfortunately, somewhere in this move, I have misplaced that piece of paper with the photocopy of the baptismal record.

I have no way to prove or disprove whether or not Zabrack is correct, since I have no clue where Wilhelmina and Christian (not Christopher) were married or where their three children were born.

I've been beating my head on the wall for over 20 years on this family. It would be nice to see at least a little dent - in the wall not my head!




Copyright 2010, ACK for Generational & Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment